01 August 2019

August 2019 Quest Challenge Level 9

Okay...

So, for this august challenge level 9, doing it blind is very risky and will costs a lot of stamina trying various teams and figuring out how to take those enemies down. I saw the dungeon info in-game and it shows only two battles. The enemies must be hard as hell if it's only two battles. Instead of going in blind, I looked at the dungeon info and holy sh!t the boss has the biggest HP ever!

First floor is Red Chester with 1.25 billions HP and the boss is Reincarnated Amon who has 2 billions HP and 75% damage reduction for 5 turns. That makes him have 8 billions of effective HP for five turns. Teams that can take Amon down using only one skill are color cross leaders. They have ridiculous amount of ATK multiplier when making multiple crosses, but the first floor will casts a 99 turns skill delay, rendering all of your skills unusable.

At first, I was gonna use double Kaede with three Shazel subs and one Avalon Drake with another Avalon Drake assisting Kaede. I figured out that with three haste (four including friend's Kaede), Avalon Drake on my Kaede will be up in time for the boss. according to PDC, I don't have to use an enhance. just by doing two wood rows with Avalon Drake's board, I should be able to defeat Amon. but I can't find a helper with Kaede up. trying to restart the game a couple times to refresh my helper list but no luck.

So, I turned my head to a leader that consistently beating a 1.2 billions HP enemies down: Zeus Giga. I used him to farm training arena and the witches all have 1.2 billions hp and they are all down in one sweep using Giga skill.

Team building is very tricky since the first floor was giving me headache. I've been trying various combination of subs and assists while doing a simulation with PDC. Costing me a lot of coins switching assist around.

I finally settled with this team:




I don't have carat so I'm using Hashihime as enhance. I've been using her as enhance to farm training arena and she hasn't disappoint me. Instead of skill boost, Hashihime's enhance is based on how many light and dark row awakenings (enhanced light and dark attributes) on my team. To stack many light rows, I'm using multiple Unnamed Blade (from Sword Art Online Collab, farmable) and Emperor Thundersword as an assist/equip. My choice to kill both Chester and Amon is Superman who has multiple light row awakenings and can do up to 30.375x against any devil type enemies. I also put Curved Blade, Kopis on him, making him does 91.125x against Amon.

The mvp sub for my team isn't superman, but Wol, an unwanted 5* collab card from Final Fantasy Collab. He has unique skill that I need for this. His skill is "Fire and Light orbs enhanced, 1 haste to all allies." He also has two light row awakenings. His haste allows me to use Orochi and Giga in time.

That wasn't enough to one shot Amon, apparently. According to PDC, I should be able to but maybe the difference between JP and NA in Wol' atk stats may gives the wrong calculation from PDC although I've adjusted Wol's attack stats and awakenings to reflect his NA stats.


To defeat Amon, I had to use Orochi to delay him. While the delay is in effect, I tried to collect as many light orbs as I could and making light row match when I have enough light orbs. Basically erasing a bit of his HP before going in for the kill. When both Giga and Hashihime are up, Amon was at maybe 60% or so HP. Full enhanced light orbs and 7.6x from Hashihime ended Amon.



Please leave a comment, good luck and have fun. See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I am asking for help. I have tried everything I can think of for this. I tried Dianubis, I tried full teams of 3 7c awakenings and 3+ devil latents. I can't seem to break through Amon's damage cap. What is the trick to this? My friends can't beat it either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have Shazel or Mito, they have multiple Devil Killer awakenings. You can use them in Anubis/Diablos team. With strong enhance, you should be able to beat the boss. Use delay like I did if you need to. Stall for all skills on Chester, use haste from Shazel to speed things up, delay the boss, use enhance and combo to your heart's content.

      Pralinae from DBDC also can have multiple Devil Killer awakenings. Superman also can have two Devil Killer awakenings (one from regular, one from SA) and can use Devil Killer latents.

      Delete