06 May 2019

Gore Magala clears Alt Ultimate Arena - Alt. Bipolar Goddess

Greeting, fellow PAD players!


For the past few days, I've spending my time and stamina trying to clear Alt. Ultimate Arena - Alt. Bipolar Goddess with my new shiny toy: Gore Magala. I see he has great potential so I was building a team for him. The only downside when building a team for him is that Gore Magala buffs only Dark cards, needs at least four attributes for activation, and he doesn't even have one. So, all of his subs needs to cover all attributes. If you just focus on four, say, only cover Fire, Water, Wood and Dark, there's a chance that you may not get that one orb needed to activate his shield. Gore Magala also doesn't have damage control. His shield is tied to matching four attributes so you can't have shield without dealing some damage.

Initially, I had this cards as subs for him: Gilles Legato, Nergigante, Reincarnated Archdemon Lucifer and Akantor. After a few failed runs, I realize I don't need that much God Killer on the team. Gilles Legato is more than enough and Lucifer doesn't do much on non-God enemies so I replace him with Kulia. Remember that Dragonbound/Dragon Caller card you're all hate because she just keeps popping out of the machine? She has some use so having a habit of not selling anything lower than four dupes paid a dividend. I could have different Super Awakenings and different latents.

Kulia has lower HP than Lucifer but in her current level, she only loses a few hundred to Lucifer. It may be big for some spawns or it may be nothing. What she lacks in HP, she makes up in damage. Two 7c deals respectable damage to all enemies. Her skill also has the same CD as Lucifer while being much more useful.

Some of you may be wondering why I didn't use Hiei on the team. He's a powerful sub of course but Akantor, who covers Fire/Dark, same as Hiei, has much more HP and his damage isn't shy either. High ATK, double 7c, huge HP and low CD is perfect for the team. Plus, I can be a little cocky and said that I need the challenge, am I not? LOL

After building a team, scrambling some Training Arena runs to level up some cards, I'm ready to take this bad boy into AA, but unfortunately no one in my friend list has him up. Refreshing the game over and over again did nothing so I sent a message to all of my active Best Friend, asking if they have Gore Magala and willing to put him up for a couple of days. One day later, I have some Gore Magala up. Thanks to all of my Best Friend who helped me!

Of course my run wasn't smooth as silk. Had some deaths because of many things such as orb troll, wrong spawns but most of them are just me being stupid. A total of six loses isn't that bad. I actually expected more than that.

In my successful run, I had Gaia (which isn't a problem even though she prohibits Water orbs from being matched, Raguel (awoken bind, easy stalling), Shiva (not a problem), Camael (slight hiccups stalling his awoken bind and eventually did too much damage he started to change the board into Fire/Wood/Heal/Poison. Even though I had 80% Poison Resist, it's like they said: 80% equals 0%. Surprisingly, his board combined with Kulia's skill makes for a pre-made 7 combo board with needed attributes to fully activates Gore Magala's LS.

Next enemy is Lifive. He's okay. Big preemptive hit but my team was able to tank it. Ninegaruda would end this run because I only have four Heal orbs leaving Camael's floor. Then I did the stupid thing (again, not surprisingly) using Gore Magala just to convert one poison orb (leftover from Camael's board) into Dark, not thinking that I'd need it if Hera-Sowilo is the next spawn. You know what? The game seems to read my mind and sent Hera-Sowilo... Ughhh...

Some stalling but skyfall pushed her HP too much she started to put up 8 combo shield and unfortunately the board only has 7 combo. No luck on the skyfall on that and for the next few turns but eventually those Skyfall Gods took pity on me and gives me tons of skyfall to finish her off.

The next two big pre-boss aren't a big deal. Light Metatron and Light Kali which are just a yummy meal for Dark team. Carat enhance made that far easy.

I had some other Monster Hunter cards I wanted to try but I think I'd stopped here (well, maybe I'll try one more card or maybe I won't we'll see). I spent so many +points to build his team and would like to gain them back.





Please leave a comment, good luck and have fun. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment