29 April 2019

Nergigante, the unwanted 7-star MH Collab takes on Alt. Arena - Alt. Bipolar Goddess

Greeting, fellow PAD players!


Any highest rarity collab card should be good, right? Else, no one would want to roll many times on the collab machine. This Monster Hunter Collab is loaded with many 7-star cards, the highest rarity, but somehow people only talking about Black Dragon, Fatalis. Considered to be the strongest card from the MH Collab due to very high ATK, powerful offensive awakenings, rather easy to play supported by 4x HP and built-in shield. Would that make the other 7-star rarity bad? Well, not exactly "bad" but it sure made the other 7-star cards looks "ordinary" compared to him.

That shouldn't be the case. So this time I'm gonna try to give a shot for Nergigante, one of the "unwanted" 7-star MH Collab. It's true that I didn't get Fatalis but I won't nuke my box to trade for him. There are many cards capable of doing what Fatalis does even with more effort and requires some specific subs to shine.

For this run, I'm prioritizing high HP and decent RCV for team building. Nergigante's Leader Skill is:

"4x ATK and reduces damage when HP is 50% or more; 4x ATK for Attribute erasing 5 orbs including enhanced"

256x ATK multiplier for double Nergigante lead with 57.75% shield just by staying above 50% HP. Pretty strong. Shield is similar to Edward Elric and Servant, Saber. My choice of subs are:

  • Investigation Pursuing Dragon Caller, Nees. She has very high HP, her active skill is perfect for Nergigante and I'm giving her Enhanced Combo (7c) awakenings with Super Awakening so she has two Enhanced Combo awakenings. She has Sheen's Ornament assist for enhance.
  • Reincarnated Tsukuyomi. His skill clears awoken bind, enhanced all orbs and provided 5 seconds of additional move time for 3 turns. His main appeal is four Time Extend and some Dark OEs. I'm giving him L-Unlock Super Awakening. She has Awoken Nohime assist.
  • Old Castle Illuminating Dragon Caller, Myne. She's a Descended card, bind-proof, has very short CD skill (1 turn when max skilled) and has two Team HP+ awakenings along with some hazard resist. She's more of a support sub since she doesn't have offensive awakenings. She carries Fujin assist.
  • Flame of Darkness Master, Hiei. He's my main source of damage for the team with three Enhanced Combo (two from regular awakenings and one from Super Awakening) and VDP. His skill also provides 99 turns of Dark skyfall while creating a row of Dark orbs. He carries Kralice Rapier for poison resist.


My Nergigante has King Bradley's weapon for poison resist and friend's Nergigante has Reincarnated Orochi assist.

I'm using HP++ badge. My team has 58,230 HP. Pretty big and the team is able to stall some turns due to strong shield and the ability to heal back to stay above 50% HP.

I'm actually having a hard time finding a helper but luckily my other account pulled Nergigante the first time MH Collab coming to NA PAD so I didn't have to keep refreshing the game looking for helper.

Of course I had failed runs, only this time I only failed four times. Much fewer compared to my failed runs with Hunter-CIEL. My failed runs comes mostly from my own stupidity and nervousness. One failed run due to facing Starling and Sopdet in the same run. Even though I'm putting Fujin assist on Myne with her 1-turn CD skill, it's just not enough turns to stall so that Fujin is ready by the 12th floor (Sopdet's floor). Both Nergigante also have two God Killer, making it difficult to damage control. Only one match of 3 dark orbs heals Sopdet instead of damaging her.

On my successful run, I'm getting lucky with some spawns. There are no Starling and Sopdet, no Goemon when I wasted Nohime's shield and unable to kill Sphinx. There's Dark Izanami though, my most hated spawn in Alt. Arena simply because she halved orb move time, has a resolve, making poison and jammers and locking all orbs every few turns. Luckily I managed to stall for Yomi to be up and killed her. Also, there's no DQ Hera when I accidentally killed Sevenzard. I was praying for Light Metatron and Light Kali but I guess the game was trying to test me with Dark Metatron and Dark Kali instead.

I should put God Killer on Hiei to make killing DMeta and DKali easier. Those Devil Killer latents are leftover from previous trial run in A5.

All in all, it's pretty satisfying to be able to clear AA using Nergigante and it shows that Nergigante is still a strong leader. Yes he doesn't have 4x HP and won't utilize Kuroyuri loop efficiently but he's still a strong lead.

For you who has decent Dark subs for him, try him out and see for yourself how strong he is as a leader.






Please leave a comment, good luck and have fun. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment